A Human Resources Audit is a way to review your current processes, policies, and documentation for managing your employees. It helps you identify areas that need improvement as well as making sure that you are complying with the ever-changing rules and regulations for your company.
When we come in and do an audit for you, we take a close look at multiple areas of your company, including:
- Hiring and Onboarding
- Benefits and Compensation
- Performance Evaluations
- Termination Processes & Exit Interviews
- Job Descriptions
- Personal Files
- Effective Utilization of the H.R. Staff
- Compliance of Record-Keeping
- Compliance of Management Team
Because of the vast number of laws that apply to different aspects of business when it comes to your employees and how often these laws change, it’s important to conduct regular audits, at least every two years. This makes sure you are always legal, and always operating at your most efficient.
To give you an idea of the severity of non-compliance:
- You can be fined $1,100 for inappropriate payments of overtime to nonexempt employees.
- You can pay as much as $10k for each occurrence of not posting required safety notices or keeping accurate records.
Even though it’s important to conduct a regular audit to avoid penalties like these, there are also other benefits.
When your H.R. department is running at it’s peak, your workforce is happier and therefore, more productive. This saves you time and headaches since you’ll experience less employee turnover.
So contact our team today to schedule your audit!